Who We Are
The Peacekeepers are a group of volunteers committed to serving the shelter, staff, and guests through fundraisers, service projects, and special events. The Peacekeepers were established in 2007 by a group of shelter volunteers and members of the board of directors who wanted to do more for the shelter. Over the years, the Peacekeepers have raised over $500,000 for Women & Children First and volunteered countless hours of service.
What We Do
Peacekeepers organize parties at the shelter for holidays, including Valentine's Day, an Easter Egg Hunt, Back to School Bash, Halloween, and Christmas.
Volunteer Opportunities and Projects
Peacekeepers volunteer for childcare on Thursday nights during Domestic Violence Support Groups, as well as volunteer in many different capacities throughout the year.
How You Can Join
Do you want to meet service-minded young professionals? Do you want to have a chance to network with leaders of the community who make up the WCF Board of Directors? Do you want to give back to your community? Do you want to be a part of a group that is making a difference in the lives of others? If so, join the Peacekeepers! Membership dues are $35 per year and Peacekeepers are asked to serve on at least one special event committee per year.
Click Here to fill out the Peacekeeper Enrollment Form online. Or, you can email Megan McBroome, Community Outreach & Marketing Associate to get a hard copy of the form.
Click Here to pay your Peacekeeper Dues online.
If you have questions about the Peacekeepers or want to know more about specific opportunities, contact Megan McBroome, Community Outreach & Marketing Associate, or a member of the PK Leadership Committee:
- Jessica Sorg, PK President
- Candace Gingrasso, Vice President
- Jennifer Reynolds, Secretary
- Yendel Jones, Treasurer
- Angela Strauss, Membership Chair
- Anna Sadler, Volunteer Chair
- Sandra Marbaise, Gentle Jungle Chair
- Nicole Winters, Shelter Party Chair
- Kelly Comer, Fundraising Chair
- Tiffany Robinson & Kristina Gulley, Caribbean Cabaret Committee Chairs
- Angela Strauss & Tiffany Robinson, Pop Up Shop Committee Chairs
- Vanessa Moody, Cocktairs for a Cause Chair