“My experience at Women and Children First was a helpful and wonderful experience. The staff members were amazing and really helpful when
it came to my needs and any resources that I needed. I was able to use those resources to get out on my own. I now have my own place
and am starting my new life.”
For the past 40 years, Women and Children First has worked tirelessly to empower women and their children to live independently and free from domestic violence. WCF provides crisis intervention, safe shelter, social and legal advocacy and support services.
What is Domestic Violence?
Domestic Violence is a pattern of controlling and dangerous behavior that can include physical, psychological, verbal, and sexual abuse and maybe experienced at a victim’s home, place of work, or even in public. Domestic violence does not discriminate against gender, race, ethnicity, age, or socio-economic status.
Women and Children First Provides:
- Safe, secure shelter and supportive services for domestic violence victims and their children
- 24–hour hotline for crisis intervention, emotional support, information and referrals
- Food, clothing and referrals for medical, legal and community support
- A court advocate to assist with filing orders of protection and accompanying survivors to court
- Counseling, education and support group services
- Childcare for resident parents who are job seeking or receiving education or support services
- Onsite filing for government benefits
- Community outreach and education
- P.R.I.D.E. (Promoting Respect In Dating Environments) prevention programs for teens
- Children’s services