October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month!
September 1, 2019
Join with Women and Children First during October to raise awareness about domestic violence and take a stand to help break the cycle!
National statistics show that 1 in 3 women and 1 in 7 men will experience physical abuse by an intimate partner some time in their life. Domestic violence
is an issue that is all around us. During the month of October, join WCF in standing against domestic violence. There are lots of ways throughout the
month that you can learn more, advocate, speak out, and donate to WCF.
- All Month - Instead of gifts, challenge your loved ones to make a donation to WCF for your October birthday.
- October 8 - Join the Peacekeepers, WCF's young professionals group, at their General Meeting.
- All Month - Hold a donation drive at your office, church, or with a group of friends to collect coats for
- October 17 - Make a donation of $44 in honor of the 44 homicide victims of domestic violence in Arkansas
- October 23 - Join WCF at White Water Tavern for Halloween Bingo benefiting Camp HOPE America - Arkansas.
- October 24 - Wear purple, post a picture on social media, and show that you stand with WCF for #PurpleThursday.
- All Month - Find ways that you can volunteer for WCF.
- All Month - Share WCF's Facebook page with friends so they can connect and learn more about
how to say #NoMore.
Check back for more ideas and ways to #StandWithWCFArkansas!
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram!